It has happened, I have been suckered into the chain mail blog posting — thank you VERY much Diana Williams for this early morning homework assignment!
Well, here goes nothing!
11 Random factoids about myself….
1. When I was 6 I told my parents I wanted to go to Lawrence Welk Town instead of Disney Land… We haven’t gone to either – child hood dream crushed!
2. I cried at my first symphony, I really love classical music….
3. My starbucks drink… grande extra hot no foam soy chia latte. At work I drink peppermint tea …daily… hourly… yum 🙂
4. I grew up playing ‘metro level’ water polo, volleyball and soccer
5. I have been kayaking since I was 5
6. Smart & successful men … in suits or dressed up… Hawt damn (and YES that is a fact about myself I decided to share)
7. I dont like escalators…. if you can walk, take the stairs…. one day you may not be able to walk, and won’t have the choice
8. I LOVE professional development and conferences… so much so that I want to make a career out of it… Educational/Motivational speaker? Is that a thing… I am going to make it a thing…
9. I can very insecure about my appearance, one of the reason I work out 5-6 days a week….
10. I used to have a stigma against seeing therapists/councillors, but after experiencing a personal traumatic event and battling the stream of extreme emotions and instability — I will fully admit it is a huge part of what brought me out of the dark….
11. Chocolate chip mint ice cream… my favourite, my kryptonite, it is going to be the dessert at my wedding…
Questions for me From Diana….
1. If you weren’t in education what would you do instead? — Student Affairs Professional
2. Pencil or Pen? — Pen, specifically Bic round stic, or Bic crystal… blue
3. Last book you read? — “12 revolutionary steps to a whole brained child” Daniel J Seigel & Tina Payne Bryson
4. Guilty Pleasure? — OMG so many…. The TV show MASTER CHEF!
5. Has tech made your life easier or harder? — Easier to communicate on a larger scale, but has made realize how much I value face to face interaction.
6. If you could give your younger self advice what would it be?… Stretch & take care of your body now… so when you are 23 you don’t need to get hip surgery…
7. What is your favourite blog to read? — I read every single post George Couros shares… I appreciate how his posts challenge me to reflect, rethink…
8. Share something funny — My Grampy referred to the “part” of a persons hair, as the crack in their head…. and when talking about political persons within Canada he would often say “and their head was cracked right down the middle!” — apparently that greatly influenced his vote….
9. Would you ever wear orange pants? Yes… with my grey toms, a creme coloured shirt …and my hair in a braided pony tail — I can picture it now….
10. What is one thing you hope to do in the future? I hope to find a kind hearted gentleman to share my life adventures with…
11. Favourite thing to do on a Friday night? Hang with friends… making home made pizza and watching cheesy movies…
Share with other Bloggers (Only naming 6 sorry if this is a repeat for you!!)
4. Kain Moons
6. Joe Bower
11 questions for you to answer from me…
1. Favourite breakfast meal?
2. One CD/Album you would take with you if you were trapped on a desert island for 10 years?
3. If you could live a day in a movie, which movie would you pick?
4. Cats or dogs?
5. If you could spend the day with anyone (deceased or living) who would you pick?
6. Weirdest thing you have ever eaten?
7. You have a round trip ticket that will take you anywhere in the world, where is it taking you?
8. Share an embarrassing life moment…
9. Favourite season?
10. If you could/had to live in another era for a week…which era would you choose?
11. What is your karaoke song?
Here’s how it works:
- Acknowledge the nominating blogger.
- Share 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you.
- List 11 bloggers.
- Post 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate to answer, and let all the bloggers know they have been nominated. Don’t nominate a blogger who has nominated you.
Post back here with a link after you write this. Go on, you have homework to do.
You can thank me later.